We have been married for over 7 years. We were high school sweethearts and our love grew from there. We always knew we wanted a family and were thrilled when we found out we were expecting the first time. Cohen joined our family and our life has never been the same!! Kendall joined us a little while later and we were amazed at how different girls can be from boys :) We have now added another little character to our zoo. We are so thankful for God's blessings and can't wait to see where He takes us.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

1st day of Spring?

Well the calendar says it's Spring. Not so much in Grand Rapids!!!


I think in the past 48 hours we have gotten about 4-6 inches! I am soooo done with the snow!! Even Cohen said today "Mom, can the snow go away now?" I soooo wish buddy!! 


Our day started with Kirsten's 7 month dr appt. She is now 17 lbs and 27 1/2 in tall. Our pediatrician said she is doing great. He was however surprised at how much stranger anxiety she is already showing and the fact that she is still waking up at least 2x during the night. He said we really need to let her start "crying" it out. I told him we have tried but unlike our other 2 kids, Kirsten could seriously scream for 2 hours straight! He told me that was fine - we just want to stop her complete dependence on me now before it gets to bad. I agree with some of that but part of me likes that she needs me - they grow up too fast and I want to spend this time snuggled with my baby :)


Kendall loves the toys at the dr office and holding Kirsten's hand when she gets her shots.

After picking up Cohen from school, I realized that today was going to be one of those days that my to- do list was going to have to be put on the back burner. My kids needed me.


To play dragons


To snuggle in bed


To give lots of kisses

After nap time, Cohen asked if we could go outside and ride in his yellow car. He has been really missing his car this winter. Especially this last week. He and Kendall have fallen in love with the movie "Wreck it Ralph."  The movie involves race cars and I can tell it has given Cohen the itch to race his yellow car. So once again I went down to the basement and found a box. I told Cohen I would make him a race car. He didn't believe me at first but as it started taking shape he started giving me things he wanted for his "super racer."



Cohen said we needed wheels and lights


Cohen asked for 3 pedals like in the movie - Stop, Go and Super fast



Cohen asked for doors that opened


As a last request Cohen asked to have it "Go, Go Blue colors."

All in all it was a good day. My laundry still needs to be done, floors and counters are still dirty, bathrooms need to be cleaned but I made memories with my kids and that is so much more important!!


with love from the zoo








No comments:

Post a Comment