We have been married for over 7 years. We were high school sweethearts and our love grew from there. We always knew we wanted a family and were thrilled when we found out we were expecting the first time. Cohen joined our family and our life has never been the same!! Kendall joined us a little while later and we were amazed at how different girls can be from boys :) We have now added another little character to our zoo. We are so thankful for God's blessings and can't wait to see where He takes us.

Monday, April 22, 2013

God answers even unspoken prayers

There is an article going around Facebook about "Dating for Moms." And this is sooo true!! For a few months now I have been kinda struggling with this idea - the idea of friendship. It started when I was younger I think. I had a really close best friend and for some reason (kids change I know) we grew apart. I remember it being really hard for me. Wondering what I did wrong that this person didn't want to be friends with me anymore. The same thing happened in high school shortly after I started dating Keith. It was the same kind of hurt - wondering what I did wrong and why things had to be different. Again while in hygiene school I "lost" a good friend. I don't say this to throw a pity party for myself but as I was reflecting on this I realized I have a bad history with friends :(

This weekend our pastor was talking about The Journey of Trust. He was talking about the life of Abraham and how Abraham didn't have the Bible or really any history with God when he began his journey of faith. But he had enough faith to start his journey, enough trust that God knew what he was doing. He had enough faith and trust in knowing God was enough for him. Maybe that has been my problem in the past. Putting too much trust into imperfect people to make me feel worth something.

So I began to look back at the past few years and especially the last few months. A few months ago when I was struggling with this idea of friendship I asked God to show me what he wanted and for me to be content with that. And He has. I have great friends. I may not have a large group of friends but I have some amazing core friends. I have a best friend who I get to celebrate her wedding in just a few short weeks, I have neighbor who I have become really close too and am so excited to see how our friendship grows in the future, another neighbor who I know would do anything for me or for our family, a new connection to Godly women thru Thirty-One, a group of girls I went to hygiene school that still stay in contact. And I am sure if you are reading this you too are a friend :) I am blessed!!!

This encourages me. That while I may not have said anything to anyone or really even verbalized my struggle - God knew. And He is showing me daily that He cares and He will provide :)

Proverbs 17:17
A friend loves at all times


with love from the zoo

No comments:

Post a Comment