We have been married for over 7 years. We were high school sweethearts and our love grew from there. We always knew we wanted a family and were thrilled when we found out we were expecting the first time. Cohen joined our family and our life has never been the same!! Kendall joined us a little while later and we were amazed at how different girls can be from boys :) We have now added another little character to our zoo. We are so thankful for God's blessings and can't wait to see where He takes us.

Friday, December 14, 2012

Sad day in America

I don't know where to begin or what to say besides my heart is breaking for people I don't even know. But being a mom instantly unites me with these people. I just don't understand how any one could hurt a child let alone 20 children. I look at Cohen and his sweet innocence and I just want to cry!! How? Why? Every day as I drop Cohen off for school I look at him and wonder what his day will be like. Will he be picked on by his class mates or other kids on the playground? Does he have friends? Is he being nice to those around him? I want to wrap my arms around him and tell him I will be there soon to pick him up, that I love him and to be nice to everyone around him. I can't imagine what it was like for those mom's to one minute be dropping off their kids for the last day of the week and then a few hours later finding out they will never take that child home. That the Christmas presents that were already purchased will not be opened Christmas morning. As I folded laundry tonight I began sobbing when I folded Cohen's shirts knowing that somewhere tonight a mom is going to see her son's laundry and be reminded her son will never wear those clothes again. Deep down I am glad that today is Friday. I think it would be really hard to bring Cohen to school tomorrow. I held them tight tonight. I held them and kissed them and thanked God that He is in control! And I will continue to pray for those who's arms ache tonight and can't hold/kiss there little angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment