We have been married for over 7 years. We were high school sweethearts and our love grew from there. We always knew we wanted a family and were thrilled when we found out we were expecting the first time. Cohen joined our family and our life has never been the same!! Kendall joined us a little while later and we were amazed at how different girls can be from boys :) We have now added another little character to our zoo. We are so thankful for God's blessings and can't wait to see where He takes us.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

2nd week of school

 The second week of school is in full swing and I think we are getting the hang of this new routine :) Cohen is still super excited every morning to go to school and is usually impatiently waiting at the front door for Keith to hurry up so they can get to school. This week he is learning all about the letter "A". They have talked about alligators on Monday and Tuesday and today they talked about apples. He is also learning about patterns. He was given homework for the first time and wanted daddy to help him. He also received his first time out - for talking to much - surprise, surprise if you know his dad!! He told me he was never going to do it again because he didn't want to make daddy, mommy and his teacher sad :)



Cohen and his first homework assignment - find all the "A's" in Baa, Baa Black sheep poem


Cohen and his apple crown

I have really been enjoying my time with the girls in the morning also. It is really nice to be able to focus just on them! Kendall is still obsessed with her baby dolls and follows me everywhere with Kirsten and copies everything I do with her baby! It is super cute! She also loves to read books and is now reading her books to Kirsten. Another new development is Kendall has shown a real interest in using the "potty." I have been cleaning/purging our house this week and found Cohen's old froggy potty and Kendall is in love with it! I am super excited - maybe I will only have 2 in diapers for shorter than I thought!!


Reading


A little girl talk


Kendall on her potty

We also celebrated the anniversary of 9/11. I can't believe how much time has past but how fresh it feels when I think about that day! Every year something different hits me about that day and what it would have been like to be in New York on that day or to have a family member in the towers. This year I was thinking about those families who lost their dads. Now having 3 kids and so reliant on Keith and the support he gives not only me but our kids - I can't imagine life with out him!! My heart breaks for those kids who are now without a father because of this hatred and violence!! So this year I am not only thankful for those who served on that day but also thankful for my amazing husband!!


We will never forget

With love from the zoo








No comments:

Post a Comment