We have been married for over 7 years. We were high school sweethearts and our love grew from there. We always knew we wanted a family and were thrilled when we found out we were expecting the first time. Cohen joined our family and our life has never been the same!! Kendall joined us a little while later and we were amazed at how different girls can be from boys :) We have now added another little character to our zoo. We are so thankful for God's blessings and can't wait to see where He takes us.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day of School 9/4/12

Today was the day I was looking forward to and dreading all summer. I knew it was going to be a very emotional day sending Cohen to school for the first time. He has been so excited all summer about going to school - we can't pass Excel without Cohen saying "there is my school! " He has been telling everyone who his teacher is and showing them his backpack and all of his school goodies.
               So the day started with a thunderstorm. I found the umbrellas and got Cohen up. Cohen is NOT a morning person - especially when you try to make him get somewhere at a specific time. But this morning he moved pretty fast :) Keith took the morning off so he could go with us and I am sooo glad he did. Because of the rain everyone was dropping off their kids into the school. Trying to push a double stroller and pay attention with Cohen and all the running kids was a bit much. We found his class room and was immediately greeted by his teacher. We hung up his backpack on his hook and put on his name tag. Cohen's teacher had stations set up on the tables with blocks on one, puzzles on another etc. So we started at one table and moved around. I was doing really good with seeing him in his environment. Then the dreaded question came. "Mom, are you going to leave me here?" Hold back the tears, hold back the tears!!!!! I replied with "You are going to stay for a little while and I will be back to get you in a little bit." Cohen looked up at me with his eyes a little wide and said "Can I just go home with you?" Hold back the tears, hold back the tears!!!! I explained that he was going to have lots of fun and I would be back really soon. And that was all I could do. I looked at Keith and gave him the sign it was time to go before I completely lost it right in front of Cohen. I didn't want him to see me cry. I was afraid then he would really be scared and want to come home. So we left and got into the car and then I allowed myself to shed some tears.
              When I got to the school to pick Cohen up he was super excited to tell me all about school. He told me about his new friend - the kid in the red shirt - we will have to find out his name tomorrow :) He also had to show me his picture that he made and his empty lunch box because he ate his snack "all gone."
                All in all it was a good day. I am so glad he did well and likes school. Let's hope that continues :)


First day of Young 5's



Fun in the class room


I really like school

Thanks to all who have prayed for this transition. Hopefully it continues to go well :) With love from the zoo







No comments:

Post a Comment