We have been married for over 7 years. We were high school sweethearts and our love grew from there. We always knew we wanted a family and were thrilled when we found out we were expecting the first time. Cohen joined our family and our life has never been the same!! Kendall joined us a little while later and we were amazed at how different girls can be from boys :) We have now added another little character to our zoo. We are so thankful for God's blessings and can't wait to see where He takes us.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Kirsten's first Bridal shower

This weekend was Kirsten's first bridal shower. My cousin Matt on my mom's side of the family is getting married to an awesome girl named Jill. We all have grown to love Jill especially this summer with all of the softball games we have enjoyed together :) Kendall is really in love with Jill and is always wanting to sit by Jill and look at Jill's phone. Kirsten is also in love with Jill - I mean she enjoys it when Jill holds her so we are pretty sure Kirsten loves her :)
          My mom and my Aunt Becky threw the shower for Jill at my aunts house. It was a rough morning because Keith was out of town and both girls woke up with let's just say a need for baths. I got them ready and went to my closet to find something to wear. Not much. I am in desperate need of some new cloths I have found :) So I finally decided on something and went downstairs to quickly feed Kirsten before we left. She decided that what I had found to wear was not good enough and proceeded to throw up all over me! I burst into tears! It was only 9:30 in the morning and I wanted to start over!! But the day quickly got better as soon as I arrived at my Aunt's house. Cohen and Kendall had stayed home with a baby sitter so it was a little more relaxing. It was soo nice to see my cousins and other friends I had not seen in a while.
           It was a wonderful time of enjoying each other's company and celebrating the love that Matt and Jill share. I love wedding showers! It's so fun to see couple's who are so in love! It also reminds me of how much I love my husband. He is truly my best friend and I don't know what I would do with out him! I am truly blessed to have him in my life. In this day when divorce is so high I am soooooo thankful that even in the tough times I know that he loves me and with our marriage centered on Christ that nothing will tear us apart!!! So hear are a few pictures from the shower!


All of the cousins with Jill 


Opening gifts




Kirsten is such a party animal at her first shower :)


Jill with the Aunts who threw the shower...and Kirsten

I know that someday I am going to have to do this with my girls and I already pray that they will find men who are not only madly in love with them but also madly in love with God. I pray that they will find men just like their dad and grandfathers, who show love in such amazing ways!!

with love from the zoo

No comments:

Post a Comment