We have been married for over 7 years. We were high school sweethearts and our love grew from there. We always knew we wanted a family and were thrilled when we found out we were expecting the first time. Cohen joined our family and our life has never been the same!! Kendall joined us a little while later and we were amazed at how different girls can be from boys :) We have now added another little character to our zoo. We are so thankful for God's blessings and can't wait to see where He takes us.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A sweet surprise

Last night Keith and I took the kids to surprise my mother - in- law with a visit. She had double knee replacement the end of July. She and my father-in-law made the trip to Grand Rapids the day Kirsten was born only to find out she was in the NICU and they weren't allowed to hold her. I knew it was killing my mother-in-law not being able to make it back to Grand Rapids and hold her grand daughter. And looking at the calendar I didn't see may opportunities in the near future to be able to make it happen. So I called Keith at work and asked him if he thought he would be out on time and wanted to make the trip to Owosso to surprise his mom with a little visit. Keith agreed it would be a great surprise and sent his dad a text to make sure they would be home and to keep the surprise for us. He said they would be home so I had the kids packed and ready to go as soon as Keith got home.
        Let's just say when we arrived and Keith's mom realized we were there and she was able to finally hold Kirsten for the first time - it was well worth the hour and 1/2 drive. Cohen immediately wanted Grandpa to push him on the tree swing so Keith's mom and I sat and talked while she held Kirsten. It felt so good to see Kirsten in her arms! Family is sooo important to us and we feel truly blessed to have such wonderful family!!
          So we stayed and socialized for a few hours, got the kids in their pj's and made the trip back home. All three kids (and Keith) only made it about 20 min before they were all fast asleep - a good sign of a great night!


I think Grandma was happy





Sleeping beauty


Grandpa finally got to hold Kirsten too







Daddy readying Kendall a story before we left

Well it felt good to be able to surprise my mother-in-law and to get out of the house since I haven't left the house in DAYS!! But I am feeling much better and really starting to feel like myself again :) With much love from the zoo


No comments:

Post a Comment